The most common symptoms of COVID-19 are fever, tiredness, and dry cough. Some patients may have aches and pains, nasal congestion, runny nose, sore throat or diarrhea. These symptoms are usually mild and begin gradually. Also the symptoms may appear 2-14 days after exposure.
How to prevent coronavirus infection?
- Wash your hands often with soap and water.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces every day.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Wear and use a face protection mask
Coronavirus is a dangerous disease
The incubation period for Covid-19 disease is 2 to 14 days
On February 11, 2020 the World Health Organization announced an official name for the disease that is causing the 2019 novel coronavirus outbreak, first identified in Wuhan China. The new name of this disease is coronavirus disease 2019, abbreviated as COVID-19. In COVID-19, ‘CO’ stands for ‘corona,’ ‘VI’ for ‘virus,’ and ‘D’ for disease. Formerly, this disease was referred to as “2019 novel coronavirus” or “2019-nCoV”.
Drug Avifavir development
WHO wants to know more about Avifavir trials for COVID-19
“We received information that Avifavir, which is similar to Favipiravir, was tested, and this medicine, which was created by the Russian Direct Investment Fund (RDIF) together with ChemRar, can soon be provided to Russian hospitals.